· Water-cooled components, steel shells, and refractory for metallurgical furnaces.
· Industrial structures to house or support metallurgical furnaces.
· Steel vessels for horizontal cylindrical furnaces such as converters and anode furnaces.
· Steel shells for circular furnaces for ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgical furnaces.
· Binding steel design and analysis for rectangular and circular furnaces.
· Steady state and transient computation fluid dynamics (CFD), including multi-fluid and injection.
· Thermal and stress analysis of furnace shell, brick, and cooling elements.
· Expansion allowance calculations for furnaces.
· Water cooled components.
· Vessel structures (shells, binding steel).
· Furnace specialist to act as part of client team, for selection of technology, design review, for new furnaces or major rebuilds.
· Field assistance to determine cause of furnace failure and develop solutions to get the vessel back on line quickly.
· 3D modeling: Solid Edge, Pro-E
· 2D modeling: Inventor, AutoCAD, Microstation
· CFD: Ansys CFX
· FEA: Ansys Multiphysics
· 3D frames: RISA-3D
· Other: TK Solver